We are seeking qualified applicants who embody the words of the Jesuit leader Father Pedro Arrupe:
“Join us if you possess broad shoulders, a free spirit, an open and prudent mind, and a heart bigger than the world.
Join us if you have a sense of humor and you know how to share a joke…and if, on certain occasions, you are also able to laugh at yourself.”
To begin the application, apply online through the Office of Graduate Admission. All items besides the video will be submitted via the graduate admission portal.
- Graduate School Application: Be sure to choose the "Masters of Arts in Teaching (Billiken Teacher Corps)” option from the drop down menu when you are given the program options. There is $20 fee.
- Official GRE scores
- Official undergraduate transcript
- Résumé: Please upload a 1 page professional résumé.
- Introductory Video: Upload a 90 second video to YouTube to tell who you are and what inspired you to apply. The more creative, the better! Email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of Recommendation: Four recommenders are required. Please submit their information on the graduate admissions application. One submission should come from each of the following:
- -Spiritual Mentor (Chaplain, campus minister, priest, rector, or spiritual director)
- -Friend or roommate
- Essays: Please upload a response to the following prompts. Answer them as separate essays but combine them into one document. Each essay should not exceed 350 words. Please use concrete examples from your life to support your responses.
- How does being a Catholic school teacher in the Billiken Teacher Corps fit into your life story? What is your “why” that drives you?
- What can you bring of yourself to community and what do you foresee your limitations to be?
- Name one person or experience that has shaped your spiritual life and practices.
- At the end of your document, please indicate your preferences for your teaching placement.
- Please indicate whether you would prefer to teach Elementary, Middle School, High School, or no preference.
- If interested in Elementary Education, please indicate whether you would like to teach Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Foreign Language, Music, Art, Physical Education, or no preference.
- If you are interested in Middle School or High School, please indicate whether you would like to teach English, Math, Social Studies, Science, Foreign Language, Music, Art, Physical Education, Business/Technology, Theology, or no preference.